Vatican City, 11 March 2013 (VIS) – Today, the Office of Liturgical Celebrations of the Supreme Pontiff announced that this afternoon at 5:30pm in the Pauline Chapel of the Apostolic Palace, the officers and assistants of the Conclave process will take the oath of secrecy.
The following will take the oath prescribed in NO 48 of that document:
– The Secretary of the College of Cardinals
– The master of the Liturgical Celebrations of the Supreme Pontiff
– The masters of pontifical ceremonies
– The religious who supervise the pontifical sacristy
– The ecclesiastic chosen by the cardinal dean to help him in his duties
– The religious charged with hearing confessions in the various languages
– Doctors and nurses
– The personnel for preparing meals and cleaning
– Florist staff and technical service personnel (UDG, Nos. 5 and 51)
– Personnel responsible for transporting the Cardinal electors from the Domus Sanctae Marthae to the Apostolic Palace
– Elevator attendants at the Apostolic Palace
– The Colonel and a Major of the Corps of Pontifical Swiss Guards responsible for surveillance around the Sistine Chapel
– The Director of Security and Civil Protection Services with some assistants.
After having been instructed on the meaning of the oath, they will have to pronounce and personally sign the prescribed formula before Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone, S.D.B. Camerlengo of Holy Roman Church, and in the presence of two apostolic protonotaries.